18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
V2 PRO V2 PRO is the world’s most advanced line of vaporizers, representing the ultimate in form and function.
Members and Visitors: We've updated our forum category names to help you easily navigate discussions topics. Categories are still in the same order on the homepage, just with different names! Message me with any questions. - Samantha
Interested in joining the conversation? CLICK HERE to become a forum member now!

Comments

• kdoddskdodds Posts: 2,571Member ✭✭
    Yep, one of the most unscientific, bogus pieces of garbage ever to be called a "study".  The synopsis, I think, says it all, 12 models tested, 3 of 10 showed...  You can stop reading there.  But if you want to go on, read Dr. Farsalinos' assessment of the study.  Never mind that there was no control group, and a limited sample, the machines were left "inhaling" WITHOUT e-cig devices attached which immediately and inarguably invalidates the experiment.
  • Crystalplus2Crystalplus2 Posts: 890Member ✭✭
    "12 tested, 3 of 10 showed..." oh boy that sounds like a reputable study lol. If this was a typo on the results from people that cared and took pride in their work, it would have been corrected.
  • BirdyBirdy Posts: 181Member ✭✭
    "12 tested, 3 of 10 showed..." oh boy that sounds like a reputable study lol. If this was a typo on the results from people that cared and took pride in their work, it would have been corrected.
    I know! its bull $hit lol
    kdodds said:
    Yep, one of the most unscientific, bogus pieces of garbage ever to be called a "study".  The synopsis, I think, says it all, 12 models tested, 3 of 10 showed...  You can stop reading there.  But if you want to go on, read Dr. Farsalinos' assessment of the study.  Never mind that there was no control group, and a limited sample, the machines were left "inhaling" WITHOUT e-cig devices attached which immediately and inarguably invalidates the experiment.
    yep that's what I thought when hubby found it. he was swearing at the computer
  • flipperbangflipperbang Posts: 368Member ✭✭
    This is also France, didn't they used to all smoke? I'm thinking tobacco companies are having a big part of that "consumer institute" study. Total BS imho.
  • kdoddskdodds Posts: 2,571Member ✭✭
    I don't know about France, but the "Consumer Institutes" here in the US are all BS slingers as well, especially when it comes to the auto industry.  They routinely understate lifetime costs of overrated cars and overestimate lifetime costs of underrated cars.  Typically, this puts the Japanese auto industry on top and the American makers on the bottom.  From over twenty years of driving experience, I will never pay twice as much up front for a non-American that will cost me more than twice as much in upkeep as a comparable American car.  Sad fact of modern life, Japanese cars are NOT better than American cars and they cost 5-10 times as much as American cars over their life spans.  Of course, MY info is from personal experience and real-world queries of face-to-face owners.
  • CrueLworLDCrueLworLD Posts: 84Member ✭✭
    My personal experience with vehicles is opposite as yours @Kdodds. I was an American only kind of guy. First car a Pontiac then a chevy, next up was a Ford followed by a Dodge, then another Dodge. Had too many problems with all of them except my Ford Probe. Got so sick of them breaking down that I did the unthinkable. Bought a Mazda3. Owned that car for 5 years, it didn't give me any issues. So I traded it in for the turbo version, a Mazdaspeed3. Once again, Not one problem with the car. Now I drive a toaster. A 2012 Scion XB. Only have had it for 1.5 years but I haven't had a single problem with it. Now I know american cars have upped their quality since I used to own them.. but I don't see myself going back. I stick with what works for me. Japanese cars built in Japan. My japanese cars were also in the same price range as my american cars. I buy new. The 3 was 20k, speed 23k, and my scion with all the options was 20.
    Oh, forgot to mention.. Ironically the american car that gave me the least amount of trouble. (my 91 ford probe) had a mazda engine and mazda transmission in it.
  • mrtmrt Posts: 5,021Member ✭✭✭
    Really?

"I stick with what works for me. Japanese cars built in Japan."

The original Scion models, the Scion xB, the Scion xA and the Scion tC, were only intended for sale in the United States, so they were only manufactured in the United States. All subsequent Scion models are also currently being mass produced in the United States. This is good news if you live in the US and want a Scion, because supply is higher around manufacturing plants, which drives down price, and shipping costs are also kept to a minimum. This means that residents of the United States will get the cheapest deals on new Scion models.
    Damn, so I was misinformed on where my scion was built. :( Thought they were assembled in Japan like my Mazdas. The Mazdas were built in Hiroshima and they didn't even glow green when I got them. :)
  • mrtmrt Posts: 5,021Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Mazda is another US made product, partially owned by Ford.

http://www.carsdirect.com/car-buying/where-are-mazda-cars-built

You believe car salesmen?  Or politicians?

BMW owns the Rolls-Royce marque but they (RR cars) are still made in England.  Bentley is owned by VW and built in England.  While Jaguar and Land Rover are owned by Indian auto maker Tata Motors.  Ya can't tell the owners without a scorecard!
    May be so but it said right on the sticker 95% japanese parts, made in Hiroshima.
    I believe neither. :) I know, a lot of vehicles are mutts. Like Dodge throwing in mitsubishi motors under the hood.
    edited August 2013
    I believe neither. :) I know, a lot of vehicles are mutts. Like Dodge throwing in mitsubishi motors under the hood.

I  like fords there reliable  only thing I like in Chevy is the 55 model

why are those ? marks showing up?

My brothers last 2 fords were reliable for him.. focus and a fusion. He traded his focus in on a dodge charger about 2 years ago. He already wants to go back to ford. Has had several problems with his dodge.
    My brothers last 2 fords were reliable for him.. focus and a fusion. He traded his focus in on a dodge charger about 2 years ago. He already wants to go back to ford. Has had several problems with his dodge.
    ive got a  ford focus great cars :D
    Those new focus svt's are a pretty sexy looking hatch. In blue or yellow they're stunning imo.
    Those new focus svt's are a pretty sexy looking hatch. In blue or yellow they're stunning imo.

mine is a gold 2006 ford focus. its one hell of a car :D  lol
  • PrettyininkPrettyinink Posts: 1,319Member ✭✭
    I am a Chevy gal right now. My 2004 Tahoe has had no engine or transmission problems and it has over 200k on it. Now my '84 Toyota Supra was a beast. I finally sold it with 325k on the engine. Still running fine. Had to replace the clutch twice on it but no engine problems. I would have had it longer if it wasn't rusting out from under me. I had an Acura Legend and then a Blazer. I love my Tahoe but I need to downsize to a car because my kids are grown. I'm thinking an Acura TL is in my future.
  • DaddyCatDaddyCat Posts: 6,786Member ✭✭
    @Birdy
    Birdy said:

I'm glad you asked 'cause I was wondering if I was the only one seeing them (and other weird symbols).
  • DaddyCatDaddyCat Posts: 6,786Member ✭✭
    edited August 2013
    @Prettyinink ; I like the Acura TL and the CL but there have been some transmission failures (about 2%) with the  5 speed automatic (especially mid 2003 and earlier). 2% sounds like a rare occurrence but that's a lot for a major (expensive) component.  If you're buying a manual you'll have less to worry about.
    DaddyCat said:
    @Birdy
    Birdy said:

I'm glad you asked 'cause I was wondering if I was the only one seeing them (and other weird symbols).
    yeah its weird