WARNING: This product contains nicotine.
Nicotine is an addictive chemical.
18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
V2 PRO V2 PRO is the world’s most advanced line of vaporizers, representing the ultimate in form and function.
Members and Visitors: We've updated our forum category names to help you easily navigate discussions topics. Categories are still in the same order on the homepage, just with different names! Message me with any questions. - Samantha
Interested in joining the conversation? CLICK HERE to become a forum member now!

State Vaping Regulations - Is Kansas City Next?

samanthasamantha Posts: 3,553Administrator, Moderator admin
edited January 2014 in Vaping Regulation Updates
http://www.kshb.com/dpp/news/local_news/e-cig-regulations-is-kc-next

Sharing... feel free to share your thoughts. I have spotted SEVERAL fallacies in this report. Remember, it's up to the vapor community to education & inform others!

Hope you all have a great day!

Comments

• samanthasamantha Posts: 3,553Administrator, Moderator admin
    You have valid points BillyBob and although I am not into getting into politics, I would say that we can at least try to fight for FAIR regulation. Regulation is indeed inevitable, we just don't know what TYPE of regulation it will be and when it will be enforced. V2 Cigs as a company agrees that common sense regulation is expected, but the key word is common sense. Outlawing the sale or usage of e-cigs is not reasonable. We all need to vote, reach out to our local elected officials and be active within our communities to inform/educate people, especially elected officials and the FDA about the true facts regarding electronic cigarettes, in an effort to achieve fair regulation. 
  • Navy20Navy20 Posts: 1,208Member
    It is not the banning of e-cigs in non-smoking areas that bothers me as much as where will this all lead? @BillyBob, I agree with you . . . The Federal, State and Local Governments are losing a lot of tax revenue, however, what I don't like is the possibility of Prohibition, preventing me from buying these products where I choose to purchase them. Maybe there isn't a place of purchase within miles of where I live. If there is, perhaps I don't like what they have or their prices are ridiculous.

I have sat in my doctor's office and had him tell me I need to quit smoking while he puffed on a cigarette. How many of these politicians voting to ban e-cigs smoke cigarettes, cigars, pipes or even chew tobacco. How many, and I believe that there has to be some, that have even tried e-cigs or have colleagues that do?

You want to charge me sales tax . . . Then charge me sales tax.
    But to put out proposals to prevent Internet sales, or to outright ban a product because you don't understand the product is ludicrous.

Samantha is correct . . . We, all of us, need to reach out to those elected officials and members of our communities who do not understand, and provide information and educate them, to speak the truth and not allow this whole legislative issue become one-sided.

Yes, I know, this is long and I shall now step off the soap box.