WARNING: This product contains nicotine.
Nicotine is an addictive chemical.
18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
V2 PRO V2 PRO is the world’s most advanced line of vaporizers, representing the ultimate in form and function.
Members and Visitors: We've updated our forum category names to help you easily navigate discussions topics. Categories are still in the same order on the homepage, just with different names! Message me with any questions. - Samantha
Interested in joining the conversation? CLICK HERE to become a forum member now!

Transitioning to lower nicotine stregnth

Does anyone have any words of wisdom for me, as I struggle to move from 1.2 nic level, to the 0.6. So far, over the past couple of months, I have been buying a few 0.6 carts. I have some in cherry, cola, menthol, and grape. I am finding that the milder flavor, such as the grape is not so satisfying, the cherry is much bolder than the grape, its a keeper at 0.6. My next order, I will try the cinn. I am kind of afraid to go all out by getting all carts in lower level. Do you just automatically know one day that you can do it? And, for anyone that has made it to 0 nic level, I would luv to hear how. It is my wish to work my way to Zero. Once at the coveted Zero, I see me staying there. Any suggestions would be so appreciated!

Comments

• desertkatdesertkat Posts: 1,343Member
    @KatFreq I've gotten myself down to half 0.6 and half 0.  I swap back and forth between the two throughout the day and so far haven't gotten so tense that I'm ready to strangle anyone (which for me when I tried to quit the analogs before V2 was always a step away from happening.)I started doing the 0 nicotine in between my hourly nicotine vape two months ago and now I can go two or three hours before I really feel the need to vape the 0.6.  Doing this gradually has really seemed to help.
  • KatFreqKatFreq Posts: 496Member
    Thank you all so much for sharing your own experiences. I will be using your suggestions. @desertkat‌, for me, like you, this is my first almost effortless attempt at giving up smokes. I do not feel anyones life is in no immediate danger just for crossing my path. Alternating is something I need to do. For some crazy reason I have a self made rule that I cannot start a new cart, until I finish one. That needs to change. @mylifeismyown05‌, thanks for bringing my attention to the fact that certain flavors are bolder. Those are the ones I will stick with more oft than not. Also mixing a 0.3. I planned on ordering more liquids just to have them here. @BillyBob‌, I luv the idea of keeping 1.2 cart as a kind of security blanket. I too was a menthol smoker, and I do use the menthol 0.6 right now. I was a bit disappointed to see that cinnamon does not go lower than 1.2. I do have lots of cinnamon, last sale, I got the pack of 40. I will make them be the back up 1.2 to keep handy. Also thanks for the life insurance info, its not something that had crossed my mind. You have all given me the incentive to order all 0.6 carts next sale day. I will even order a few 0's. I think my first 0's will be the cherry and menthol. I am going to go all out and break my rule of only allowing one cart at a time. Sincere thanks!
  • DetchiDetchi Posts: 71Member
    Switch over to the E-Liquid and EX-blanks! This will give you the ability to 'cut' your higher strength flavors with a lower strength version. 

For example, I moved from 1.2% to .6% by mixing a 50/50 mixture of each, giving me @ a .9% solution. Not enough of a difference to 1.2% to really notice. After a few months of that I was able to go full on .6%, and now I'm mixing that 50/50 with a 0% (@ .3% strength). Gradual adjustments help overcome the flavor and nicotine drops you get from just jumping from one strength to another.

Not to mention, it's MUCH cheaper than carts. Less $$$ and less nicotine = good.
    @Detchi‌, I was actually considering the ex blanks. I have some of the liquids, but do not use them much. I have fumble fingers. Liquids, as you point out would be best to use to make the transition more gradual. I am going to order more in the lower stregnth, right now I only have 1.2. I have been getting shots in my hands, which help a bit. On a good day, I will have to fill the ex's. Ty
  • desertkatdesertkat Posts: 1,343Member
    @KatFreq I really debated long and hard about trying the EX blanks.  Now I can't wait to get home and use my blanks instead of my carts!  After letting my liquids breathe when I get them, they have a more "robust" flavor and I can easily (I have arthritis in my hands and they cramp up with little provocation) fill and chain vape all night long!  If my soft case was long enough to carry my long batts with the EX blanks attached and I had some intelligent way to carry my liquid, I wouldn't even use the prefilled carts anymore.
  • jwc11jwc11 Posts: 608Member
    @KatFreq‌ Ex blanks and liquid are great! You can play around with mixing different flavors and I think they have a better flavor! I typically use them at home and use carts while out and about. The new EX carts will be great when I'm out also! Give the Ex blanks a try, you won't be disappointed!
    Geez, i totally luv all the options available.