18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
V2 PRO V2 PRO is the world’s most advanced line of vaporizers, representing the ultimate in form and function.

Bigger blanks

I think there should be bigger blanks available to hold more e liquid and also it would be nice if the blanks could come in different colors to change things up. Also the wicks need to be longer in the blanks definitely not long enough!

Comments

• desertkatdesertkat Posts: 1,343Member
    I agree with @Passionoflife101!  I feel like I'm filling my EX blanks every 30 minutes or so to keep the wicks wet because I'm so paranoid about burning them up.  Maybe I'm being overly cautious???
  • Passionoflife101Passionoflife101 Posts: 2Member
    edited April 2014
    @desertkat‌ No your not trust me...both my bf and I fill ours up really quick also...if they made the blank bigger and longer wicks it would fix that problem a lot!!! Hopefully they take the suggestion.
    @Passionoflife101 at least it's not just me.  I agree that would fix it!
    @BillyBob how long do you get out of a cartomizer if you chain vape?
  • CrepesAndVapesCrepesAndVapes Posts: 36Member
    I actually ordered some EX blanks and liquid for my mom. She'd been dying to try them out. She raved about them so much that I just ordered some for my husband and myself. Anyway... I asked her specifically if she was topping it off every so often and she said she was not. She waits until it is empty (or nearly empty), and that method seems to be working for her. But I've noticed that most people on here are topping it off every so often. 
    I top off when the liquid gets to the bottom of the wick.  I don't know if it would burn if I let it get much lower than that since I've only done that a few times.  I've been using two sets of EX blanks for a month now (swapping back and forth while I clean and dry one set once week) and I'm very happy with them.  They make it so easy to chain vape without the high cost of going through 4 or 5 carts a day!
  • GDS_RiderGDS_Rider Posts: 75Member
    edited April 2014
    @CrepesAndVapes, I've been using the EX Blanks (and the Beta) for just shy of a year and a half.
    I'm another that doesn't pay much attention to the level and "topping off" the eliquid.  The easy tell that you'd need to refill is the drop in vapor production.  At that point I'd look at the level of eliquid and it would show on the scale that it's in the range of 0.3ml or lower. If reduced vapor production noticed, the short term resolution is to tilt the EX Blank to saturate the wick. Likeliness that you'll dry out and burn the wick during normal use is low (don't continue to use once vapor production is low).
     You can go quite a while before cleaning (2 to 3 weeks) and you'll know if required again by vapor production.  I'd clean most often when I was switching between flavors. 

The benefits I've found over the Blank Cartridges is ...
      1) the ability to see the amount of eliquid in the EX Blank.  
      2) it's quicker and easier to fill the EX Blank.
      3) it's easier to clean the EX Blank than it is the Blank Cartridge (useful if using different flavors).
      4) lifespan / length of use of the EX Blank under normal use is higher than the cartridge.
      5) reduced the occurrence of a leaky cartridge.

The key recommendation I'd suggest to enhance the EX Blank would be to move to a bottom coil design.  
  • CrepesAndVapesCrepesAndVapes Posts: 36Member
    @GDS_Rider‌ how exactly do you clean yours? Just some rubbing alcohol?
  • GDS_RiderGDS_Rider Posts: 75Member
    edited April 2014
    @CrepesAandVapes,  It depends on why you're cleaning them.  
    -> Rubbing alcohol is not an option.  

If cleaning so that you can swap eliquid, you can just rinse under hot water (empty, run water through, fill, and then shake..  repeat until clear).  Final step before letting sit to dry is to blow air through the EX Blank from the bottom to ensure that water is removed from the coil area. Let sit to dry or immerse in rice to dry for 24 hrs.  I find letting the EX Blank sit on the window sill to dry for 24 hrs works for me.

If cleaning for degraded performance (i.e. build up of gunk /eliquid on the coil & wick) it requires a little more effort.  I empty and then rinse with water until clear similar to above.  Once the EX Blank looks clear/clean, I use an old pill bottle half filled with vodka and immerse the EX Blank in the vodka and close the cap.  I usually let it sit in the vodka overnight.  The pill bottle container is small enough and I can shake the bottle vigorously to try to dislodge any particulate on the coil.  Once satisfied that clean enough, run hot water through the blank again as you would clean and then sit on the window sill to dry.  
    -> Note: Any high proof alcohol that is consumable can be used.  You'd prefer something that is flavorless.  Some have access and use Everclear.

The last option I'd use to clean the coil is the burn method.  I use the USB Power e-cig.  This method requires more practice due to the ease in burning the wick.  I clean first and while the wick is still wet, you push the button on the Power e-cig for about 5 seconds.  I look down the top of the EX Blank to the area of the coil (in a dark room).  Typically you'll see some vapor produced. Blow it away.  You'll repeat, looking for the coil to glow red.  If you see the glow, you're done.  If glowing orange, you've gone to far and the wick is most likely burnt. 

Regards,
    @BillyBob thanks for the info.  I'm too lazy to pop the tops off and all that so I'd better stick to my EX blanks.  I just have to fill every hour or so but since I drive classic cars that can't pass a gas station without needing fuel, I'm kind of used to filling things up all the time...