18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
V2 PRO V2 PRO is the world’s most advanced line of vaporizers, representing the ultimate in form and function.

The Wait is Over… EX Cartridges Have Arrived!

samanthasamantha Posts: 3,097Administrator, Moderator admin
We are VERY excited to announce that the wait is OVER… EX Cartridges Have Arrived! These new innovative cartridges are nothing short of amazing! 

Can a Prefilled Cartridge… 
• Contain a radically redesigned internal structure that provides 400+ puffs? 
• Deliver a consistent flavor profile from the first puff to the very last? 
• Be fully leak-proof? 
• Provide viewable e-liquid levels through a custom window? 

Now it does! 

*Available in 5, 20, 40 and 80-Pack Quantities.
*Available in 6 flavors: V2 Red, Sahara, Congress, V2 Menthol, Peppermint and Green Tea
*Available in 5 nicotine strengths: 2.4%, 1.8%, 1.2%, 0.6% and 0%

photo ScreenShot2014-04-25at10924AM_zps77624bf3.png

Comments

• sunshine143sunshine143 Posts: 16Member

Do these carts work on the "old" batteries?  I have eleven of them and am not ready to switch to the new ex battery yet.

• samanthasamantha Posts: 3,097Administrator, Moderator admin
    Yes, all EX products are compatible with all *Classic products (hopefully this new term catches on so everyone is on the same page). 

100% of ALL V2 carts & batteries sold on v2cigs.com are compatible with each other. :) 
  • tripodtripod Posts: 10Member
    VERY nice cartridge upgrades but .... at a 50% price increase ...... :(
  • enlowenlow Posts: 11Member
    Well if I'm not mistaken the new cartridges double the puff count of the "classic" cartridges. So a 50% increase seems fair to me.
  • LexieCatLexieCat Posts: 177Member
    I am totally confused about how the prices are displayed.  Are the V4F discounts no longer applicable for the cartridges?  I'm seeing the same prices whether I'm logged into my account or not.  I don't understand the "was"/"now" for the regular carts, either.  Is this a price change, or just a promo for the sake of introducing the new EX carts?

(Sorry to be posting on two threads, but the other doesn't seem to be getting any traffic).

And, of course, we all want to know when other flavors will be available...
  • rbaker1009rbaker1009 Posts: 1,173Member
    tripod EX Cartridges are about 30% more for twice the puff count, a great value.
    edited April 2014
    Next question...so can I refill new carts with the liquid I already have? 
    LexieCat   I am still showing V4F discounts on all cartridges. What price are you seeing on classic V2 Flavor Cartridges (5-Pack)
    sunshine143 the new EX Cartridge's are sealed and not refillable. 
  • supergal74supergal74 Posts: 33Member
    OK, I'm trying to order a 5 pack to try and can only watch a vid about the new cart... Really EXcited (lol) about this and curious about the new features! Anyone else having trouble adding this to your order? Oh, and I agree that more flavors should be available... COFFEE? 
  • jwc11jwc11 Posts: 608Member
    @LexieCat‌, Samantha answered those on a different thread. V4F points can be used and are not refillable. Too many different threads about the same topic. Craziness!!
    edited May 2014
    Hey @LexieCat, would you mind PM'ing me a screenshot of you logged in AND logged out? If you are looking at the 5-pack of carts (just for an example), it is a very small price difference, so at a glance, they may come off as the same, but they are not (9.45 vs. 9.95).

With the new set up of the cartridge and starter kits page, you can choose from 2 tabs: Classic and EX.

This new format took up a lot of space so we couldn't really show the original price slashed out right next to the discounted price being offered. So instead, we offer the "Was" price in the top left corner, and the V4F discounted price each logged in customer gets (remember: this may be different, depending on what type of V4F member you are - each member either gets no discount, 5% discount, 10% discount or 15% discount).

So perhaps we should change the "was" price to "original price" or "non V4F member price"? There still may not be enough room for that... We are still finalizing this so any feedback is def welcomed....

So to summarize: 
    - The price on the bottom left is the price each individual customer will pay (will vary per customer depending on if you are a V4F member, if you are logged into your account and if you are logged in AND a V4F member, what kind of V4F member you are).   
    - The "was" price on the top left corner of each cartridge or starter kit product is the original price BEFORE the V4F discount (if you are a 1 of the 3 V4F members that even offer a discount).

V4F discounts apply as such: 
    Non-members aka people who haven't registered their V4F account = no discount
    Regular member = no discount
    Club = 5% off
    Premier = 10% off
    Elite = 15% off

SEE HERE: 

photo ScreenShot2014-04-25at13544PM_zpsccba819f.png
    @samantha, I'll send you screenshots later this evening, can't do it right now.
    Oh Jeeze! I feel silly... Now I see the upgrade option. Tunnel vision today, I guess. Thank you @Samantha for posting that. You're a doll!!!!

Hi@rbaker1009...thanks for the info.

Hi@supergal74...I want coffee tooo!!!  :)

:((
    OK, I could have sworn the page was different last night, but now I am seeing the difference.  Maybe I didn't log out properly or something.  

I do think the "was" is confusing, though.  "Regular price" or even "full price" might be better.  That's a little more the equivalent of the strike-through we are used to seeing.  Or maybe not everyone is as slow on the uptake as I am.

I still haven't found the thread that answers the question of when we might expect to see more flavors in the EX, though--could someone point me there?
    There is not an answer on when we will be releasing new flavors for the EX Carts. I will def share that with you all once I get word. 
    Thanks @samantha.  jwc said the questions were answered on another thread, so I thought I was missing something.
    I have another question--this time a technical one.  According to the description, the EX cartridges are "sealed air-tight" "making them completely leak-proof."  How does the vapor get released from an air-tight cartridge?  Or is that some kind of trade secret?
  • Andries_V2cigsAndries_V2cigs Posts: 669Administrator admin
    Trade Secret Indeed
    So you could tell us, but then you'd have to kill us, right?  :-)

A little mystery in the hardware isn't a bad thing.  Looking forward to giving these a test run.
  • desertkatdesertkat Posts: 1,343Member
    @LexieCat LOL!
  • CrepesAndVapesCrepesAndVapes Posts: 36Member
    So has anyone tried these yet!!??? I'd really like to order some to review on my blog, but I want to hear some other reviews first before I make the purchase (I did make two orders last week, lol). :) 
    edited May 2014
    I just received my order today, and I'm vaping my first as we speak.  

Problem right off the bat--these are too long to work with the EX cartridge battery sleeve.  The sleeve goes JUST to the tip of the little rubber ring and won't stay on or draw properly.  I thought maybe there was a problem with the one box (I ordered some in 1.2 and some in 1.8), and both boxes were the same.  If I can't use the sleeve, I might as well use the blanks.

Seems to me, too, that they are hard to draw on.  Maybe that's a product of the super-secret leakproof technology.

• btaylorbtaylor Posts: 15Member
    Got my first ones and so far it taste burnt and nothing like my reg red 1.8 I am hoping I got a bad batch maybe :(
  • llouderllouder Posts: 89Member
    @CrepesAndVapes I use Congress 6 and really like the consistent flavor of the ex carts.  My sleeve for the ex battery works fine with it, but my problem is if I don't use the sleeve, the cart gets so hot it burns my lip.  Actually, I like the draw better without the sleeve, but since I chain vape, I can get the cart really hot!
  • btaylorbtaylor Posts: 15Member
    ok so I opened another pack and it does seem to taste fine must have been a bad cart glad it taste fine but as others have posted they do get a little hot!
    Since I have finished my pack of ex carts, I have to say that I like them better than the classic prefilled carts, even with them getting hot.  There's more of a full flavor and they last longer.  I know V2 will work out the kinks and I'm placing another order now. 
    I find the EX carts a LITTLE better with the PowerCig--no need to draw so hard on them.  Am I the only one who found the length too long to use with the sleeve?  Maybe it's just the Saharas--so far I've tried one from the 1.2 and one from the 1.8, and they were both too long.  (Incidentally, that's one advantage of the sleeve--they do protect from excessive heat.)

Could you folks who don't bother with the sleeve check to see how yours fits over the cartridges? I've tried the different batteries with the sleeves, too, so it doesn't seem to be the specific battery that's the problem...
  • CrepesAndVapesCrepesAndVapes Posts: 36Member
    @LexieCat - That's funny to bring up the length, my husband and I both just bought ourselves ex batteries about a week or two ago. We meant to use them with the prefilled classic carts. He likes Sahara, and I like Congress. His Sahara carts were a good 1/4" longer than the Congress carts and the sleeve would barely fit over the cart. I didn't realize it until I grabbed one to use and realized my sleeve wouldn't fit over. No wonder he thought it didn't drag well!

Maybe, as others have said, V2 is still working out the kinks? It would seem strange to design a new cartridge and not take the sleeves into account. "Oh it fits the battery it must be good," couldn't have been the stopping point as far as R&D goes.

@llouder - not surprised about them getting hot, based on what I know of the construction. I have a larger "eGo" style battery and tank that tends to get pretty toasty when chain vaping. I've noticed that even on the classic carts, I can get it pretty freaking HOT when I'm sitting at my desk, and the sleeve often amplifies that heat.

edited April 2014
    @CrepesAndVapes, hm, that's odd, you find the sleeves magnify the heat, and I find that it cuts down on it (at least it cuts down on my feeling it on my lip).  Maybe a difference on how we draw on them?

I've noticed since using my V2s that I draw much harder on the Vapor Couture cartridges, and those babies REALLY heat up, to the point where it is actually uncomfortable.  I find I have to adjust the draw considerably as I go back and forth between them.

I think that's also another reason I like the EX blanks so much, they definitely stay much cooler!
  • jwc11jwc11 Posts: 608Member
    Does anyone use a manual battery with the EX carts? Wonder if they get hot?
  • desertkatdesertkat Posts: 1,343Member
    @LexieCat I like the EX blanks for that reason too.  I can chain vape without burning my lip.  The color of the liquid darkens but it doesn't seem to affect the taste until it's time to clean the blank.  (About every three days per EX blank for me) Listening to everyone talk about the new carts makes me think I'll just use my blanks most of the time and order some EX carts only for airports, etc.
     @LexieCat I have the Bloom battery and use Congress 6.  The sleeve goes over the rubber band far enough so I only see a little bit of silver.  I had to put a new band on so it would fit tight.  I also have one of the first batteries that came out and the sleeve covers the silver part completely.
    @jwc, I haven't tried it with the one manual battery I have, but I have tried it with the PowerCig, which should be pretty similar.  It didn't get too hot for me.
  • TalonTalon Posts: 251Member ✭✭
    Please keep the reviews on these coming, I'm still on the fence on trying. They seem cool but I can't get past the price point of them. Does anyone have a real test comparison of the classic cart versus the Ex cart in terms of how long they last comparably, taste differences, etc. Are they truly sealed or has anyone 'jailbroke' one to attempt to refill?
  • tomvaitomvai Posts: 16Member
    edited May 2014
    I haven't tried the EX carts yet, but I can confirm that v2 carts can differ slightly in their lenght. I happened to me when i was using an old Cola 0mg on my EX battery and the draw was really heavy, it was impossible to smoke comfortably. So after i compared the cart with some of the newer stock it was about 1-2mm too long.

So it seems that the carts can slightly vary in their length now up until the EX batts that wasn't an issue and probably none of us even noticed that 1-2mm length difference, but with the EX batts the length has to be exact by a mm or it ruins draw if you use the sleeve. It's actually funny how such a small cosmetic feature such as a cart sleeve can cause you soooo much problems :)

And I bet that v2 has already figured this out, but it will take some time clear old stock :). It surprises me thou that some of the EX carts are also too long...
     @talon when I finished my packs of ex carts and went back to my classic carts, there was a noticeable difference.   EX carts are more full flavor and classic had a weaker flavor, which was fine until I tried EX.  As for how long they lasted, I can go through about 5-6 carts a day...with EX it was about 3, BUT when I got them on Monday, we were under tornado warnings all day and I was vaping like a steamship!  So under normal circumstances, it would have been less.  The carts are not refillable...there's a plastic cylinder that holds the liquid and once taken out, I couldn't put it back in right to produce vapor.  I don't care for the EX blanks, because the amount of eliquid I go through is insane.  Even though I wasn't crazy about the price of EX carts, for me it's a better deal, especially with my VIP discount and the monthly code.
  • lowcwillislowcwillis Posts: 7Member
    They are AWESOME
  • TalonTalon Posts: 251Member ✭✭
    Thanks @llouder‌ . If they really do last twice as long then they would be a good value so thanks for that feedback. I hear the taste is more robust compared to classic carts. I always thought the carts were a bit weaker and more dry vapes than ex blanks. Ex blanks have more of a 'wet' vape I prefer. So, compared to ex blanks, is the taste comparable?
  • jjjaxjjjax Posts: 4Member
    Are any other flavors in the future like grape or other fruit?
    @talon I wish I had an ex cart to compare it to the ex blank...it's been awhile since I used the blank so I can't really give you an honest comparison.  Sorry....
    Ordered the ex carts and they should be here on Tues! @talon, I also prefer the vape of the ex blanks, so once I get 'em I'll post my opinion about them. The flavor I vape is not offered yet, so my review will prob be a little skewed but vapor production and longevity are the main questions that I have right now. CHEERS!
    edited May 2014
    I have two 80 packs of classics that I am exchanging :D
    I am exchanging to get ex carts....wrong thread???
    Well since she's the forum admin, it's part of her job to help make sure things stay organized. Also you will get a better response to your swap by going too the swap thread since that is where people will be looking. She's trying to be helpful, not be the post police.I

I was not looking for a response......

samantha said:

Wrong thread @lowcwillis...

How?
    Tsk tsk
    samantha said:
    Post police
    Sorry - just trying to keep things organized :)

mylifeismyown05.

lowcwillis. Samantha is a gracious, helpful lady and a great forum administrator.