WARNING: This product contains nicotine.
Nicotine is an addictive chemical.
18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
V2 PRO V2 PRO is the world’s most advanced line of vaporizers, representing the ultimate in form and function.
Members and Visitors: We've updated our forum category names to help you easily navigate discussions topics. Categories are still in the same order on the homepage, just with different names! Message me with any questions. - Samantha
Interested in joining the conversation? CLICK HERE to become a forum member now!

Anxiety and Vaping

I started to vape in Nov. 2013 sadly i lasted only a month until anxiety and panic kicked in. I scoured the internet for what the reason could be. The assumption was the nic level in the e liquid. So I played with it all the way down to 6 no such luck especially since i was a 1 1/2 pack of analog a day kinda guy. I swore off electronic cigs and found myself back to analogs the very same day. So for those who are seeking answers and suffer from the same symptom here is what I found.

Back story tried patches,and gum lasted 9 hours I have a weak will. Then came Chantix which had me smoke free for 3 months Success!! However i was miserable the whole time symptoms that plagued and stood out were anxiety and panic attacks of which i never suffered or had my whole life up until that point. I said enough took myself off, within three days i was a analog smoker again. Then i purchased a V2 e-cig starter kit i figured what the hell I've tried everything else. It worked smoke free for a month some anxiety but normal anxiety like i still wanted a analog but never enough to light up one. After about a week i was good ON A ROLL. Then about a month later anxiety kicked it. I racked my brain why all of a sudden and out of the blue I'm panicking. So i thought long and hard what was different for that month vs the last week. 

Here's what i found. I was vaping e liquid i picked up from a local vape shop right then is when chaos in my body ensued i played with nicotine doses and a big fat nothing. Still anxious still panicking. So last month i put v2 juice back in and nothing, no panic, no anxiety. A month later im analog free.  So if you suffer from this and cant find the why for me it was the e liquid. Its either the PG or VG too much of one or the other. So now i stick with what i know is safeand that's the V2 e liquid not sure what the ratio is they mix at but if you experience these symptoms think about your  e liquid. 

Comments

• nemeigh82nemeigh82 Posts: 2,781Member
    @juggernaut, this is an EXCELLENT story, and I relate to so much of it.  I suffer from anxiety and panic attacks even if I wasn't quitting smoking.  But when I did, boy did I go through it!  I had a similar experience with switching to V2.  Somehow, their liquid satisfies my cravings to the point that I don't really want an analog, which means I don't go through the panic of wanting a cigarette and not having one.  This story made me happy, I have to say.
  • rbaker1009rbaker1009 Posts: 1,268Member
    edited May 2014

juggernaut, I'm no chemist but it is a reasonable assumption that different ingredients in e juice could affect people in different ways.

Your story about the different methods you tried using to quit would be perfect for @desertkat's Ecig Success Stories Compilation.

Congradulations on your success and welcome to the forum!

• desertkatdesertkat Posts: 1,343Member
    @juggernaut It is so cool that you have found the mixture that works for you!  I relate to the panic (I would panic with the analogs if I didn't have at least several packs left.) which I experienced almost immediately every time I tried to quit analogs.
  • samanthasamantha Posts: 3,553Administrator, Moderator admin
    great convo about vaping + brain health/wellness.