18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
V2 PRO V2 PRO is the world’s most advanced line of vaporizers, representing the ultimate in form and function.

Question on my EX Carts

I was researching the forum on EX Cart issues and have learned quite a few tips from you all. Thank you for all the info.  I spend a TON on the EX carts and have some problems that were fixed just by coming here.  I learned from you that they can be recycled and washed.  OMG how stupid am I not to know this since I've been using these for over a year.  I learned my tip may be screwed on too tight when I open up a new cart and it refuses to work. I do however, have a huge issue I didn't even notice until it was bought up.  That little round plastic ring inside the battery.  More than half of mine are missing.  I have no idea how or why.  Is this why they leak?  Is the missing ring the reason why I get a mouthful of liquid? And the most important question of the day.  Can you buy replacement rings or do I throw those carts away and call it a day?  Thanks for your help.  Quit smoking 4 years ago thanks to the e-cigs.  Now addicted to my V2 with no desire to quit.  :)  

Comments

• rbaker1009rbaker1009 Posts: 1,150Member
    edited September 2014

Hi @Linders, I believe you are referring to the EX Blank and the tiny plastic O ring around the center post inside the EX Blank. If that O ring is missing you can get a eLiquid leak. If that is what you are referring to they are not sold separately. I just use one from another EX Blank if one gets lost while cleaning and save it when the Blank is done.

• LindersLinders Posts: 5Member
    That's it guys.  Thank you so much for your quick response.  EX Blanks. Yup.  Need to get my lingo correct.  How am I losing them?  Would it have something to do with screwing the top on too tight?  
    They can come off in cleaning. What are you using to drip your eLiquid into the tank, the eyedropper included with the V2 bottle?
    edited September 2014
    I haven't cleaned any yet, as I just found out today I could.  I normally toss them when they stop working and the liquid gets ugly looking.  I only noticed the missing rings when it was mentioned in one of the posts I read and started the process of cleaning, with hot water.  (No vodka here, I'm a wino)  I use the dropper that comes with the bottle.  Since I pretty much vape non stop, I'm thinking I'm losing the rings by the continuous removal of the tip. I did find a couple slipped deep down in the tank and managed to use a paperclip to retrieve those.  Yahoo...a couple of them saved. :)      
    edited September 2014

That is odd, I was thinking maybe you were using a needle to fill and dragging the O ring off the post when removing it.

I haven't had a O ring come off the post from removing the tip but I suppose it could, I snug the tip but am careful not to overtighten.

Glad you were able to fish a couple out  :-c

• jennjenn Posts: 389Member
    edited September 2014
    I've had some try to come off when refilling so that may be it. I had no idea I could clean the blanks also until several months ago, it really does work & they work like new pretty much. I use only water, let them soak for 24 hours and use a small fan to dry. If you let them air dry you will need to give them about 3-4 days to dry completely. Without this forum, I wouldn't have even thought about cleaning them! This was a life saver for me when I completely ran out of new blanks.
    :)>-
    Thanks again for your help!  You guys rock.  
  • ChipMacChipMac Posts: 335Member
    Yeah I lost one this weekend somehow. It must have been while refilling and I didn't notice. I was getting ready to clean it and before I did I went to pour the little bit of liquid left in the tank into another blank when I noticed it was missing. Since reading here about losing them I'm really careful when I clean them but it never occurred to me that I would lose it while refilling. I'm thinking it stuck to the tip and came out when I took the tip off. Lesson learned.
  • jwc11jwc11 Posts: 608Member
    Sometimes the o-ring will stick to the tip when you take it off. Good tip is to save them before you toss the tank in the trash. Good to have spares.

This finally happened to me this morning while unscrewing the tip. I never thought about it until @Linders mentioned it so thankfully I was watching, delicate operation getting that puppy back on the post!

• ColinColin Posts: 203Member
    I am always cautious to check and make sure the o-ring isn't sticking to the mouthpiece whenever I'm first unscrewing it to refill. If I notice it sticking, I just tighten it back up and try again. Haven't lost one in years, once you get in the habit of looking for this it becomes second nature. Never hurts to save a couple from expired blanks for backup.
    I've also found for me the best way to get them back on is to stick it back on the screw end of the mouthpiece and slowly and carefully bring the blank and the mouthpiece with o-ring on it together not turning it upside down really fast or gravity will make it fall off ......naturally
    Great tip's @Colin thanks!
    Oh and my last tip is to intentionally try to get them to stick on the mouthpiece before you clean your EX blanks this way you don't lose them.....I have lost one down the drain before. Oh yea, you can use a hair dryer to dry them when your done cleaning. Just hold it with a pair of pliers so you don't burn your thumb.....it drys in like two minutes
  • fistyfisty Posts: 254Member
    To put the o ring back on use 2 round toothpicks pop one in the center(not deep) and use the other toothpick to push back on the stem. Takes less than a minute.
    Thanks @fisty!