18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
V2 PRO V2 PRO is the world’s most advanced line of vaporizers, representing the ultimate in form and function.

GQ: A gentlemen's guide to vaping

samanthasamantha Administrator, Moderator Posts: 2,768 admin
edited November 2014 in Vaping Central
This if for all the V2 gents out there!

Have e-cigs/vaporizers become a bit more acceptable to the general public with a mostly-positive article like this in such a major publication? I don't know about you, but this press feature + 'vape' being the word of the year (published in the WSJ and other major online publications) makes me feel a little excited about the vaping industry. 

So now that marijuana usage is legal is several new states in the U.S. (received yes on 58% of the votes here in the state of Florida during the recent Midterm elections... but did not pass because apparently a 60% vote was required), we can't help but become a tad bit more lenient on its mention in this article. Many in our office are even speculating that the substance will become legal on the federal level or at least in most states within the next 3 ish years. I'd be curious to know your thoughts. Either way, we don't promote violating any federal laws, just commenting on it because it is mentioned in the GQ article.

It's a great read... click here for full article: http://www.gq.com/life/mens-lives/201412/e-cigarette-rules-of-conduct

photo ScreenShot2014-11-19at42949PM_zps14cbc96f.png
Tagged:

Comments

• rbaker1009rbaker1009 Member Posts: 1,111

Oh there is no doubt vaping is becoming normalized more each passing day, thank god. The more normalized it becomes the harder it will be to impose draconian regulations (I hope).

I totally agree marijuana will be legal at the Federal level. My guess would be a bit further out, within 5 years. Which I am ok with, it's silly to have a patchwork of states with different laws and it's time.

The pic of Bogey is a riot, leave it to GQ.

• samanthasamantha Administrator, Moderator Posts: 2,768 admin
    The picture literally made me l-o-l too. :D
  • JanieJanie Member Posts: 194
    "Vaping is the new black, Schweetheart." Or dames and broads or something.
  • CrepesAndVapesCrepesAndVapes Member Posts: 36
    Vaping is becoming super popular in Colorado. Probably the biggest issue with carrying my pro around is that many folks automatically assume it's for marijuana. When my mom came out to visit from NH, I had to keep telling her to put hers away. We went to one restaurant and the waitress asked her if it was marijuana or nicotine, when she said nicotine the woman was like, "oh cool! vape away!" People are very health conscious out here so it seems like they're so much happier to see someone using an ecig than smoke a cigarette. 
    Wow that's interesting the way people's attitude changed when they thought it was marijuana versus nicotine. And some don't even have nicotine! Hmmm thanks for sharing crepesandvapes. ;]
  • graysongrayson Member Posts: 85
    Now that picture is hilarious! And the article is as well. great job gq for giving vaping even more credibility!
  • MSmith447MSmith447 Member Posts: 210
    Hey different color V2 Pros is a good idea... red and pink get my vote! I have the silver pro right now and it is a beauty... the blue looks really nice too. I am glad to see vaping getting positively reported in GQ. This is good for all of us vapers!
  • gpro22gpro22 Member Posts: 16
    If nothing else, vaping is going to continue to grow simply by word of mouth. I bought the V2 pro and haven't had an analog since. I loved the V2 pro so much, that I went an got another one for a spare on my lunch break. I got back to my office and told my secretary about it. She thought it sounded like a great idea to get her kids (over 18) to quit smoking, so I ended up giving her the new one I just purchased. I will continue to recommend to anyone still smoking analogs..
  • PeculaPecula Member Posts: 5
    Now you know why the v2 pro was such a big seller. All the potheads were getting one.
    :-??
    bumping for newbies
  • SkyyeBlueSkyyeBlue Member Posts: 31
    I just realized that the e-cig of Bogey's choice is a JC Vea.  Oops!
  • rbaker1009rbaker1009 Member Posts: 1,111
    The point of this post is that vaping is becoming more normalized and that a major publication is presenting vaping in a positive light. Regardless of brand V2 knows this is a good thing. I'm not sure you have noticed but V2 sells brands other than it's own on this website.
    Agreed rbaker - we are all about promoting the vapor industry and lifestyle regardless of the brand:)