WARNING: This product contains nicotine.
Nicotine is an addictive chemical.
18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
V2 PRO V2 PRO is the world’s most advanced line of vaporizers, representing the ultimate in form and function.
Members and Visitors: We've updated our forum category names to help you easily navigate discussions topics. Categories are still in the same order on the homepage, just with different names! Message me with any questions. - Samantha
Interested in joining the conversation? CLICK HERE to become a forum member now!

Is anyone happy with their V2 Pro Series 3?

JellyBeanJellyBean Posts: 285Member
edited January 2015 in Product Troubleshooting
I've been reading quite a bit about problems with the Series 3.  I was wondering if there are folks out there who are pleased with their unit.  I was considering an upgrade to the Pro, bit I'm  wondering if I should wait to see if the problems are ubiquitous or if they are just limited to a bad batch of units.  I'd appreciate any input, especially from those who are pleased with their Unit.

Comments

• gotjacksongotjackson Posts: 46Member
    Too early for my comments to be very valuable. My first three days were perfect. Sunday was a disaster with the battery. Today, so far... so good. We'll see. 

The Pro Series 3 is a HUGE step up from the regular V2. In fact, I like it so much more, I'm willing to put up with potential issues that may need to be worked out, whether it be the batteries or the carts. I already ordered a 2nd Pro package to arrive this week.
  • JellyBeanJellyBean Posts: 285Member
    @gotjackson, I read about your problems with your Pro battery.   Sounds like Samantha is on it....let us know how your replacement turns out!   Thanks for your input.
  • LivaliddleLivaliddle Posts: 5Member
    I bought two pro series 3 when they first came out and another about a month later. I have been using them in rotation everyday since I got them and the only problems that I have encountered were a couple of burnt-tasting tanks. I have only ever used the liquid tank and never even bought a dry herb tank to try. Also I have only ever charged them using the V2 wall adapter and never with computer usb port or used as a pass through. I don't know if any of that makes a difference or not as far battery problems go.
  • GDS_RiderGDS_Rider Posts: 75Member
    Bought 2 pro series 3s in July and another in August and have had no issues with the devices.  Purchased another in October and had issues that others had experienced with charging and holding limited charge.  After 3 days of playing around with how I charged the battery, the issue resolved itself.  I rotate use on all four.

With respect to the tanks, On one I'd experienced burnt taste but thought it was specific to use of peppermint eliquid I was using.  On another, the base had come out of the tank in the battery.  I'd used needle nose pliers to remove the base.  No issue with eliquid into the battery.  It should also be noted that on the tank that did come apart, I had been using it for about 2 months and I'd say an estimated 50 fills though V2 says "Please discard the cartridges after 15-20 uses".

Regards.
  • Navy20Navy20 Posts: 1,172Member
    @JellyBean‌, I purchased 2 Pros when they were first released and a 3rd one to use as a gift. I have never experienced any problems. A great device at a great price . . . In my opinion . . . Well worth the money spent . . . I have no regrets whatsoever.

Take Care. Hope you have a Great Day.
  • Navy20Navy20 Posts: 1,172Member
    @JellyBean‌, I purchased 2 Pros when they were first released and a 3rd one to use as a gift. I have never experienced any problems. A great device at a great price . . . In my opinion . . . Well worth the money spent . . . I have no regrets whatsoever.

Take Care. Hope you have a Great Day.
  • HooDoo_Man_12HooDoo_Man_12 Posts: 9Member
    I am very happy with mine. I use it for eliquid and loose leaf everyday. No battery issues that weren't solved with cleaning the contact area of debris.. I have had 2 leaky carts that I fixed( one replaced by V2 the other I didn't bother). Been using it since just after thanksgiving.
  • EricXEricX Posts: 20Member
    edited January 2015
    I LOVE my 2 units.
    I got it when it first came out and had some issues with cartridges burning out prematurely early on but V2 made that right.
    The only issue I have is in the cheap cable used in the charger... I've gone through 3 and now my 4th is giving me issues. I wish they would just spend the extra dollar or so and put a better, thicher cable on there.
  • Deschain17Deschain17 Posts: 39Member
    I'm happy with mine as well. Had an issue with my first cart or two but I honestly chalk that up to being my first time vaping. My battery never really gave me problems... But I will tell you, the charger, I second the notion it needs to be a thicker cable... I'm seeing where mine is wearing... And the magnetic attaching, wow, the other day it pulled out the bottom of the device.

But rest assured, even if something were to happen, they replace it for you. My issue with the bottom coming out of the device happened about 1am on Friday, I mentioned something on the forums here... @samantha had a rep call me that same day... Missed the call but I was sleeping, returned it later that day, was too late to make that day's shipment, but was out the next business day and expecting it any day now
  • TopweaselTopweasel Posts: 157Member
    @jellybean This is a vendor specific forum so it makes sense that you would see a lot of "issue" threads. Most of the time in these kinds of forums you get two types of people. The 1 in 1000 that liked a product enough to look for the forum to participate. The other and more general is the people who have problems. So as more and more get sold even if the problem rate was sub 1% you would see a lot of people posting issues. The other 989 people who are happy with their device wouldn't be posting anything at all.

As for myself. I have had mine since mid September. Love it. It was a little quirky to get used to early in life. But its been trouble free for me. 
  • JellyBeanJellyBean Posts: 285Member
    I entirely agree, @Topweasel‌. While all opinions can inform the decision making process, the opinions of forum regulars who have made an effort to be part of the community tend to weigh more heavily with me than the opinions of fly-by-posters who are just looking for a place to vent their frustrations, however justified those frustrations may be.

Thank you for your input!
  • samanthasamantha Posts: 3,521Administrator, Moderator admin
    100% agree with @topweasel. Couldn't have said it any better myself. We do have MANY people loving the Series 3 worldwide but we are transparent that we have some that have had issues with them and when those people reach out, we do everything in our power to resolve the issues. Sometimes it does take some much needed patience and sometimes the issue is easily solved. Overall, we are dedicated to making our customers happy and doing right by them no matter what. :)
  • RvhRvh Posts: 4Member
    I am on my 3rd replacement. The led lights go green when the thing still needs to be charged. This makes it a very unreliable device and has left me stranded at work with no nicotine. My 3rd replacement seems to have the same problem. They are very aware of this problem. In my cases 3 out of 3 have the same issue. I'm not even gonna send it back. I am just gonna throw it in the trash. Every time I call v2 it takes a week to get the replacement and the stress and time this thing has cost me is unbelievable. Unfortunately this was my first and probably last purchase from v2.
    Hey @Rvh - I can have them send another or refund you tomorrow. I am very sorry about your experience. 3 replacements with the same LED issue is a serious problem. I will send your comments along with others on other threads to our R&D department again and see what they can do. It's really insane that so many get the S3 and it works fine and then some are getting back to back bad S3's... making me frustrated as well. Let me work on a resolution for you and we will get you taken care of whether you want a replacement or refund.
  • llouderllouder Posts: 89Member
    I have 2 Pro's and love them...I got the second one when I couldn't stand using a regular battery when the Pro was charging. I'll never go back to the old batteries.
    @samantha thank you for the quick reply. I really do like the design of the pro 3. As it fits in my pocket better than any of my other vaporizers. But reliability is very important to me. Is there anyway I could get a replacement from the latest batch or have it tested before its shipped. My first one not only had led problem but the button was loose and shook around. There seems to be a serious quality control issue with these. I don't even care what color they send me as long as it charges properly. I say this because the last rep told me the issue was mostly the black ones but the blue one they sent me has the same problem. Thank you.
    Yes we can process you a replacment. All devices are tested once they arrive to our warehouse but there are still some that are having issues-- for this we apologize. I will PM you once I have more details on your replacement.
  • briankmarsh1980briankmarsh1980 Posts: 107Member
    I have been using the pro since it came out and I love the unit.
    I did have an issue at first but v2 replaced everything and I have been vaping away ever since.
    my only advice is that the clearer the liquid you vape makes the tank last longer before needing to be replaced.
    @samantha I already contacted customer service for a refund. this was just too much of a hassle. Thanks anyway
    Ok please let me know if there is anything I can assist with @Rvh.
  • V2V_KrytterV2V_Krytter Posts: 8Member
    Fairly new user here. Medical marijuana. I like the ease of use and the "feel" of the unit. The only thing I've noticed is that the effect of the medication is diminished considerably compared to using a pipe. The lack of lingering smell is nice, and it's not as harsh on my throat.
  • Andries_V2cigsAndries_V2cigs Posts: 680Administrator admin
    I have about 20 :-)... and at least 16 of them work awesome!!!

It's getting better folks, we are improving the line perpetually, the S3 is a really awesome product... V2 will also make good with hardware replacements for anyone experiencing problems... you cant go wrong with the S3, because when you get it working good, it just works good.
  • supremecsupremec Posts: 108Member
    I have had mine since August and I have no complaints thus far. I typically only use it 50% of the time since I have a V2 with several batteries and EX blanks. However, I have not used it in a couple months. I took it out tonight to use it and it still had a charge.
  • koreykorey Posts: 1Member
    My first pro series 3 worked great until I had a cartridge that came apart and leaked all over it. I have had 3 other replacements since then, they dont charge, the charger turns green five minutes after you plug it in but its still not charged. I even had one that the magnetic ring inside came out the first time I pulled out the cartridge. I also think the cartridges start tasting burnt after refilling them only 3 or 4 times.  So to charge it I keep it on the charger for hours even though it is green and then it only works for a hour or so.
    Hi @korey - Do you need assistance with a replacement?
  • gpro22gpro22 Posts: 16Member
    I have found the same problem as korey and rvh, I will be vaping and it goes dead and the red light comes on. I put it on the charger and its green in about 15-30 minutes. I know it can't go from dead to fully charged that quickly, so I just let it continue to charge even though its green. My question is, can you overcharge the V2 pro in a way that will effect the lifetime of the battery in the long run? Right now I have no idea when its really fully charged.
  • YinjunYinjun Posts: 2Member
    edited March 2015
    @gpro22,

You could leave the V2 pro in charging without damaging the lifetime of the battery in the long run. It is harmless to do so. Although once it turns green, leaving pro on charging will not help much in battery capacity. As I know, V2 has been aware of the charging glitch and will launch a new batch of chargers which will rectify this issue. Let us wait and see. 
  • new2v2new2v2 Posts: 106Member

After two replacements on a black Pro, I've got a unit that works and I love it. I'm waiting for my 4th replacement on a Stainless Pro and hoping for the best.

I've also got a blue Pro on order that I am hoping like hell works.

• ballouxballoux Posts: 83Member
    I have 3 Pros and one of them has the charging issue.  Turns green after 10 minutes of charging.  After it turns green, I unplug it and turn it off and on.  I usually have to do this about 6 or 7 times and it will finally start charging for about 2 hours and lasts for about 2 1/2 carts.  Once fully charged it is the best Pro of the three I have.  The other two will last about 1 1/2 to 2 carts.  Don't know if this will work on other Pros but it has worked on mine.
    Hey @balloux let me know if you need any assistance?
  • ballouxballoux Posts: 83Member
    @samantha.  Thank you Samantha, but I'm ok with it.  It is the best Pro of the 3 I have and lasts longer than the others once I get it fully charged.
  • cderepcderep Posts: 22Member

My first S3 was no good. It had the 15 minute charging issue many have noted. I have had my replacement for a month and a half or so, and it is working great! I have only had one issue outside of getting a hold of a loose leaf cartridge. That is, it doesn't seem to work well with thicker juices. However, a quick change of the wick and coil (which I don't think is recommended) and all is better. Overall, when you get one that works, it is a great product that I don't think can be beat for the price.

• nutshellnutshell Posts: 28Member
    My first one lasted just over a month before battery issues. Replacement seems to last, but seems to be significantly weaker, especially compared to my trusty original V2 and V2 EX. Not to mention the issues with burnt taste from brand new series 3 cartridges... 3 of my last 3 had the burnt taste on the first fill. I'm just about done paying money for this roller coaster of quality control. My $15 EGO vaporizer had a better, more consistent experience...
  • V2V_KrytterV2V_Krytter Posts: 8Member
    It's official. My V2 is gathering dust. The draw through the loose leaf cartridge was so difficult and the medicating effects of the marijuana were so diminished that I bought a $14 pipe.

This product has turned out to be a very expensive disappointment.
  • new2v2new2v2 Posts: 106Member

I now have 3 working V2 Pros and I love them. All of mine are versions made in mid-Feb or later. You can tell which version you have by looking to see if there are one or two "slots" to view the level of e-liquid in your cartridge.

If there are two, you have the new version.

I am getting 24 hours or at least 2 clearos worth of vaping out of a charge. Charging takes approx. 1.5 hours on USB and about 45 minutes using the V2 wall charger.

• mrtmrt Posts: 5,021Member ✭✭✭
    You are wrong on the slots, I received mine last year in August and it has 2 slots. 
  • SilverAndBlack702SilverAndBlack702 Posts: 12Member
    Extremely disappointed when my vape died with no warning the battery was getting low. At work smoking analogs since I didn't realize I was low on charge. To have no built in identifier to know when your battery is low is whack. Looks like back to my KTank
  • nutshellnutshell Posts: 28Member
    V2 customer service used to be the best out there, but with the pro series having limited warranty and only 1 swap allowed... doesn't inspire much confidence and makes me wonder if they knew they had a subpar product with the pro series all along...
  • mrtmrt Posts: 5,021Member ✭✭✭

Really?

"Andries_V2cigs Posts: 620Administrator admin

I have about 20 :-)... and at least 16 of them work awesome!!!

It's getting better folks, we are improving the line perpetually, the S3 is a really awesome product... V2 will also make good with hardware replacements for anyone experiencing problems... you cant go wrong with the S3, because when you get it working good, it just works good."

From this thread above. jmho
  • JonJon Posts: 27Member
    I got mine yesterday and so far i'm impressed with the performance! Vapor production exceeds my expectations and so far I'm still on my first charge. It's been 24 hrs! The only bad thing is that I got a bad cartridge, V2 said that they will be sending me a replacement but so far I haven't received an email or anything about the processing of this replacement. I really hope they solve the issues that they are having with the cartridges because this system is really good and practical!
    If you have any issues with your S3, we will absolutely replace it with a new one. Again, of the thousands that we have shipped, most are performing well. Some may be faulty but in those cases, we are glad to overnight a new device. If anyone needs any assistance, please let me know.
    Hey SilverAndBlack - that is good feedback... Sent it over to R&D and got this response... 

The V2Pro 3 and 7 have pass through function. Once the battery dies, the consumer can connect USB power and they can continue vaping.

Our next generation V2Pro S3 will have battery level indicator.
  • SilverAndBlack702SilverAndBlack702 Posts: 12Member
    edited March 2015
    samantha said:

Hey SilverAndBlack - that is good feedback... Sent it over to R&D and got this response... 

The V2Pro 3 and 7 have pass through function. Once the battery dies, the consumer can connect USB power and they can continue vaping.

Our next generation V2Pro S3 will have battery level indicator.
    Know full well of the pass through option but does me know good when I go to work without my charger thinking I had plenty of battery life left.. Good to see R&D see's this as a good time to catch up to everyone else.....
  • David1886David1886 Posts: 586Member
    edited March 2015
    I have had 2 Pro's replaced by V2 in Australia with the same charging problem and both were replaced but due to a leaking cartridge in one of my replacements the Pro no longer works as it leaked completely through the unit and came out the end of the battery.

V2 in Australia wont replace this unit as they state it was not a faulty unit and a cartridge problem that damaged the Pro.

I contacted customer service in the US and received a phone call from CS Manager this morning who was fantastic and apologetic and they agreed to replace the unit by creating a dummy order showing that it was purchased from the US but I still have to decide if it is worth posting back to the US as it must be sent back with tracking number which is $38.95 then wait for it to be received then wait for a replacement to be processed and then sent to Australia.

It might just be easier to purchase another unit with my next order and at least i will receive another unit much faster.

The other unit is working great and is a fantastic product and would recommend to all my friends.

All I can say is Customer Service is outstanding in taking care of customer problems or questions.
  • DankYogiDankYogi Posts: 33Member
    I love the V2 Pro Series! I've tried numerous devices, and highly recommend this one.
    I have had the non-charging battery issue, but it was promptly replaced.
    I also experienced a couple of faulty carts, but they were promptly replaced as well.
    Any new products will have kinks to work out. You couldn't pay me to switch to a different device. They are so low maintenance. It makes vaping a breeze.
    I also want to give props to @Samantha and the Facebook crew. I've never had such prompt responses to customer service issues!
    Aside from the couple of issues I mentioned, I've been vaping V2 Pro Series 3 since February and an immensely pleased.
  • David1886David1886 Posts: 586Member
    edited May 2015
    I am looking for some general advice in relation to the V2 Pro Series 3 cartridges.
    Aside from the problems people have had with leaking cartridges or burnt taste my question is how low should you let your e-liquid get in your cartridge before topping up.

My thoughts are that if you top up to early all the time you will still have an amount of e-liquid left inside the cartridge which has been heated with use and adding liquid to early you will be mixing old with new which gradually thickens the liquid and could shorten the life of the cartridge.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
  • GerardKOZGerardKOZ Posts: 3Member
    In a nutshell NO I was happy (albeit for a short time) and subsequently I am not a very satisfied customer at all. The battery with the V2 series unit only held it's full capacity of charge for months worth of vaping. Looking back through the torrent of countless messages involving tooing-and-froing between me and countless service representatives (four different individuals and a somewhat helpful team leader/ manager by the moniker of 'Chris') I have only remembered how painful receiving the product in the first place was with all the bluffing and excuses from V2 pro staff, deceptions, failure to live up to minimum service expectancies (see Better Business Bureau of Florida)  and the V2 Cigs service charter and disillusionment. All in all a saga and a not such a positive experience. I do not want to go through it all again but basically because of Quality control and assurance issues with the product including I am guessing the battery - the product for which a fully paid order was place in July 2014 did not arrive to my residence until late September/ October despite over 10 reassurances the product was coming. I finally got the product once I had persisted and persisted - finally getting through to the aforementioned Chris who assured me one was on the way and mentioning that I was going to go to the Better Business Bureau of Florida to complain (a month later it materialised).Once I go the product ( thankfully free freight and apparently 15% off the next order for my 'woes) I couldn't have been happier. But I now realise that all was possibly not as it seemed and that maybe the QA&C issues of a rushed to release product had not been ironed out. The battery is defunct - this began in early January 2015. I thought oh no here we go again. I was tired, my brother had only passed away 12 months previously and I needed to smoke inside - thus the reason I began vaping, I thought ok maybe this was just bad luck and I'll try and rectify the situation... only to receive this gobsmacking response " Gerard,
    We would normally advise of a replacement, which would require you to return the defective product to avoid being charged for the new item we ship to you. However, it does appear that the last purchase on your account was in July. We can not provide replacements for an account that has not made a purchase within the last 90 days as per our company policy. Please contact us once you have placed a new order so that we may further assist you.

Thank you,
    V2 Support"
    The icing on the cake really. I gave up. I would very much like the product to work. I would very much like a new one. I was previously very happy with the cartridge based products and I was excited for this new V2 pro. If it works its a great concept and product. I feel very let down as a customer. @Samantha and/or reps I giving this one last shot. Kind regards Gerard
  • theunartisttheunartist Posts: 5Member
    DankYogi said:
    I love the V2 Pro Series! I've tried numerous devices, and highly recommend this one. I have had the non-charging battery issue, but it was promptly replaced. I also experienced a couple of faulty carts, but they were promptly replaced as well. Any new products will have kinks to work out. You couldn't pay me to switch to a different device. They are so low maintenance. It makes vaping a breeze. I also want to give props to @Samantha and the Facebook crew. I've never had such prompt responses to customer service issues! Aside from the couple of issues I mentioned, I've been vaping V2 Pro Series 3 since February and an immensely pleased.
    I don't let mine get low at all and it seems to be working well. In fact, when it does get a little low, I start getting some burnt/odd taste and I simply turn it upside down to wet wick and the taste is much cleaner. I figure, the wicks play a great part in the success or failure of this system; would bet most faulty carts are due to the wicks.

So far so good, both liquid and loose leaf tanks work well. I've ordered more tanks!
    Good stuff @theunartist. Yes keeping eliquid filled all the time is a great way to avoid any burning wick issues.
  • AWiddyAWiddy Posts: 5Member
    I have been using V2 eliquid products for about 7 months now and have been nothing but satisfied, however I tried the loose leaf cartridges on my Pro series and have not been able to produce any vapor at all. I've tried troubleshooting with all the advice on the forums with no success. V2 even sent me another cartridge and that has had the same result, no vapor produced. IMO the pro series loose leaf carts are a bust :(